- 1 x puff pastry sheet *
- 4 tbsp (about 70g) vegan dark chocolate spread
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp icing sugar (optional)
- Pinch of all-purpose flour
Craving pastries but also in a lazy mood? Then this vegan chocolate twist pastry recipe is the answer to all your wishes!
Making this twist is so easy and is as simple as spreading chocolate spread on a pastry sheet, twisting and baking! You’ll be munching away in under 20 minutes! They are completely fool-proof and zero effort, yet look so professional and taste amazing.
This is my second recipe using ready-made puff pastry sheets. I am still amazed that most of the best big brand ready-made pastry sheets are vegan. Not to mention, they can be kept in a freezer ready for making a quick treat for unexpected guests or for your own sudden pastry related cravings.
First, sprinkle your worktop with a pinch of flour. Lay out your puff pastry sheet gently and halve it lengthwise, so you get two long, thin rectangles.
Roughly spread 2 tbsp of chocolate spread over the pasty.
Roll it up.
Cut each roll in half.
Slice each roll in half lengthwise leaving about 1/5 at the top still connected.
Twist the halves around each other and pinch them securely on the ends. Repeat the process until you have 4 twists.
Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Brush them with almond milk. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving, enjoy!
These amazing chocolate twist pastries taste similar to a chocolate croissant, a beautiful combination chocolate and crispy flaky crust. You could also upgrade this recipe by adding almond flakes, pistachios, pecans, or any other nuts you prefer, on top. Chocolate and nuts are a match made in heaven. Yum!!!!!!!!
Why not try my other puff pastry recipe – mini palmiers, check it out.
If you have followed and made this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and take a picture, tagging it with #k33_kitchen and share it on Instagram! I’d be very excited to see what you come up with. Cheers, hope you enjoy my recipes! <3 <3
Prep.: 5 mins | Cook: 15 minsIngredients:
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Sprinkle your worktop with a pinch of flour, lay out your puff pastry sheet gently and halve it lengthwise, so you have two long and thin rectangles.
- Spread 2 tbsp of chocolate spread over the pasty.
- Roll it up.
- Cut each roll in half.
- Slice each roll in half lengthwise leaving about 1/5 of the roll at one end still connected.
- Twist the halves around each other and pinch them securely at the ends. Repeat the process until you have 4 twists.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, brush with almond milk.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving, enjoy!
*I used 320g Jus-Rol puff pastry sheet