- 150g self-raising flour
- 130g dark chocolate
- 130g caster sugar
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp cocoa powder
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 70g walnuts, finely chopped
Morning everyone!!!!! It is the weekend again and it is unbelievably warm and sunny here in London, how one minute it can be snowing and the next the skies are blue I just don’t understand!!!!! I decided to start my day by baking some vegan brownies with walnuts so that I can relax and indulge myself in a chocolate heaven all day long :P.
These brownies are truly amazing, fail-safe and gloriously gooey. The texture is more cakey than fudgy, but they are still super moist. These are really quick and come out perfect every time.
Break the dark chocolate into a bowl. Melt it in the microwave or slowly heat in a small bowl over a saucepan of boiling water (make sure the water level is not too high as you don’t want water to leak into the bowl).
Meanwhile, sift the flour, sugar, salt and cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl.
Pour in all the wet ingredients, including the melted chocolate, mix very gently so you don’t form too many bubbles in the mixture.
Add in 3/4 of the chopped walnuts and stir well.
Pour the mixture into a greased and lined square cake tin and then sprinkle the rest of chopped walnuts on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
Let it cool down for 10-15 minutes and cut into little squares around 5 x 5 cm.
I am not usually a big fan of chocolate, but when I do make something chocolatey, it’s go big or go home!!!!!! As well as the cocoa powder, I always love to add melted dark chocolate to my baking. This makes the outcome slightly bitter, seriously chocolatey and extra gooey.
Hope you love this recipe. Happy Sunday and happy baking day.
This recipe was created for Veahero, a cool new (free!) meal planning platform for vegans and vegetarians.
If you have followed and made this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and take a picture, tagging it with #k33_kitchen and share it on Instagram! I’d be very excited to see what you come up with. Cheers, hope you enjoy my recipes! <3 <3
Serves: 18 x 18cm sqaure cake
Prep.: 10 mins | Cook: 30 minsIngredients:
- Preheat an oven to 170˚C
- Grease a square cake tin with vegetable oil and line with parchment baking paper.
- Break the dark chocolate into a bowl. Fill a small saucepan ¼ of the way up with hot water, place over a low heat and place the bowl on top, stir until all the chocolate is melted (make sure the water level is not too high as you don’t want water to leak into the bowl).
- Sift the flour, sugar, salt and cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in all the wet ingredients (including the melted chocolate), and gently stir. Then stir in 3/4 of the finely chopped walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into the lined cake tin, top with the remaining walnuts and bake for 30 minutes. 7. Cool on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes then cut into 5 x 5cm squares to serve.