- 3 very ripe medium-sized bananas
- 200g plain flour
- 50g whole wheat flour
- 90g caster sugar
- 90ml vegetable oil
- 60ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g walnuts, finely chopped
- 20g dried cranberries, finely chopped
I am a big fan of the flavour of banana!!!! Also, because of it’s moist-ness and texture, banana is my very favourite baking ingredient .
Have you tried my very moist banana cake recipe I posted a while ago? Well here is my other banana recipe – Vegan banana bread loaf.
You may ask – what’s the difference between banana cake and banana bread loaf?
The ingredients seem very similar and they certainly look like the same thing but in a slightly different shape. However, there are subtle differences that are essential in separating them.
Banana bread tends to be more of a nutty, grainy flavour with just a hint of sweet. I often eat my banana bread for breakfast – toasted with jam and vegan butter. Banana cake is moister and sweeter in taste, it is meant to be more of a dessert,
So here is my recipe for making banana bread loaf. Why not make both and see if you can taste the difference…
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Peel the bananas and mash them with a fork or blend them with a hand blender in a large mixing bowl.
Mix in vegetable oil and vanilla extract, stirring until all is well mixed. Sift together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder and add all to the moist mixture.
Then stir in 3/4 of the cranberries and walnuts.
Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin and top with the rest of the cranberries and walnuts.
Cover the tin with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 25-30 minutes before serving.
This gorgeous bread loaf perfectly combines the churchiness of walnut, the sweetness of dried cranberries and the wholesome flavour of banana! It is amazing when toasted, too. The best thing to start your day. Once you try this, you’ll never throw away those over-ripe bananas again!
This recipe was created for Veahero, a cool new (free!) meal planning platform for vegans and vegetarians.
If you have followed and made this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and take a picture, tagging it with #k33_kitchen and share it on Instagram! I’d be very excited to see what you come up with. Cheers, hope you enjoy my recipes! <3 <3
Serves: 1 Loaf
Prep.: 15 mins | Cook: 35 minsIngredients:
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Grease a 2lb bread loaf baking tin with vegetable oil, line with parchment baking paper.
- Peel the bananas and finely crush them with a fork or blend them with a hand blender in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in vegetable oil and vanilla extract, stir until all is well mixed.
- Sift the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder, add all to the moist mixture. Then stir in 3/4 of the cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into the bread loaf baking tin, top it with the rest of the cranberries and walnuts.
- Cover the cake with tin foil, bake for 20 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 25-30 minutes before serving.