- 400g mixed tomatoes, cut into wedges or halved if small
- 1/4 small red onion (around 25g), thinly sliced
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Large pinch black pepper
- Large pinch sea salt
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
Tomato rainbow salad
I can’t believe it’s October already and autumn has finally arrived. I grow tomatoes on my terrace which have started to ripen in various sizes and colours – red, yellow, and green… they are so gorgeous and make my vegetable patch look lovely and vibrant. Honestly, seeing your homegrown vegetables thrive is so satisfying.
Freshly picked tomatoes that ripen on the vine are typically much sweeter than those bought in the supermarket. Plus, fresh ingredients don’t need lots of complicated cooking methods to make them taste good. Today I am making an easy, bright and colourful tomato salad with homegrown basil. This recipe is incredibly simple yet delightful and refreshing.
Wash and remove all the stems from the tomatoes. Cut them into wedges, or just halve them if small.
Thinly slice the red onion.
Arrange the chopped tomatoes and onion on a serving plate.
Combine the extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar in a small bowl, then drizzle it over the tomatoes.
Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, fresh basil, and serve.
Let me know if you try out this recipe. You can leave a comment below, or take a picture and tag it with #k33_kitchen and share it on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, hope you enjoy my recipes!
Prep.: 0 mins | Cook: 10 minsIngredients:
- Arrange the chopped tomatoes and onion on a serving plate.
- Combine the extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar in a small bowl, then drizzle it over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, fresh basil and serve.
Leave a Comments