- 200g tenderstem broccoli, tough stems removed
- 15g flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
Tenderstem broccoli with garlic & almond
I remember at the very beginning when I became a vegetarian, I asked my friend for some tips on the vegetarian or vegan diets. My friend Victor looked at me seriously and said: “Broccoli is your best friend”. If you are new to the vegetarian or vegan diet and you are reading my website at the moment. I am going to pass on the same tip to you as well.
Not just broccoli, all the cruciferous vegetables (such as cauliflower, brussels sprouts, kale, bok choy, cabbage, turnips, etc.) are loaded with nutrition. They all also have very few calories. A cruciferous vegetable like broccoli should be on your regular food shopping list regardless of your diet choices. Here I want to share a very simple way to cook tenderstem broccoli in 10 minutes.
All you need is broccoli, garlic, toasted almond flakes, fresh lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper.
If the broccoli is too long or has some old dark bits at the stem end, trim it slightly. Boil it in water for 2-3 minutes. Rinse the cooked broccoli with ice-cold water and drain well, then set aside.
Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan, add the sliced garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes until the garlic turns slightly golden in colour.
Add everything and quickly stir fry for 3-4 minutes. All done!
This broccoli with garlic & almond recipe is a very simple combination of few basic ingredients but is still packed full of flavour. If you find yourself limited on time but want to make something simply awesome this is a great go-to dish for any main meal.
If you have followed and made this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and take a picture, tagging it with #k33_kitchen and share it on Instagram! I’d be very excited to see what you come up with. Cheers, hope you enjoy my recipes!
Prep.: 5 mins | Cook: 5 minsIngredients:
- Wash and slightly trim the broccoli.
- Cook the broccoli for 2-3 minutes in a pot of boiling water.
- Rinse the cooked broccoli with ice-cold water and drain well, set aside
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan, add the sliced garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes until the garlic turns slightly golden in colour.
- Add the broccoli and almond flakes, season with lemon juice, pepper and salt and then stir fry for 3-4 minutes.