- 800g baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 2 gloves of garlic, minced
- Handful of parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- Water for boiling
Super crispy smashed potato
Everyone loves potato!!!!!!!! The taste of it may be rather basic, but it can be prepared in so many different and interesting ways. It can be mushy, crunchy, fluffy, dry, wet, crispy or a mixture of any of those.
It is such an easy addition to any dish, whether it’s a avant-garde master chef recipe or just simple chunks in a stew.
Today, I am going to share my very simple but finger lickingly good smashed potato recipe. The are soft and fluffy on the inside and incredibly crisp on the outside – the perfect side dish to any meal!
First, wash and place all the baby potatoes in a pot. Pour on boiling water until it comes to least 3cm above the potatoes and cook on medium heat until tender, this should take around 15-20 minutes. It really depends on the size of your potatoes.
Drain the water from the pot and shake potatoes through a sieve to remove excess water, set aside and allow to dry for a few minutes.
Melt the butter in the microwave or in a small bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Make sure the water level is not too high as you don’t want water to leak into the bowl.
Add garlic, parsley salt and pepper into the melted butter, mix well.
Place the potatoes into a large baking tray and spread evenly. Press gently on each potato with a large fork or potato masher until it’s flattened but still in one piece.
Spread the butter mix evenly over each potato. You can do this with a small spoon or even use a brush to cover every surface evenly.
Place the baking tray into the oven and bake for 20-25 mins, or until golden brown and crispy. Do not flip!
Look how golden they are – YUM!!!!
And there you have it, my smashed potato recipe! So simple!
These smashed potatoes are fluffy, crispy, garlicky, easy to make and sure to be loved by all. They are so good you may find they end up being devoured before they even reach the table as folks breeze through your kitchen and “sample”. If you’ve never tried them before, this is your next must-try potato recipe.
If you have followed and made this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and take a picture, tagging it with #k33_kitchen and share it on Instagram! I’d be very excited to see what you come up with. Cheers, hope you enjoy my recipes!
Prep.: 20 mins | Cook: 25 minsIngredients:
- Wash and place the baby potatoes in a pot. Cover with at least 3cm of boiling water and cook at medium heat until tender (around 20 minutes).
- Drain the pot and shake the potatoes through a sieve to remove excess water, set aside and allow to dry for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add the melted butter, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper to a small mixing bowl, mix well.
- Place the potatoes into a large baking tray and spread evenly.
- Press gently on each potato with a large fork or potato masher until it’s flattened but still in one piece.
- Apply the butter mix evenly to each potato.
- Place them into the oven and bake for 20-25 mins, or until golden brown and crispy. Don’t flip!
- Serve hot.