- 4 tomatoes (around 300g), roughly chopped
- 1 red onion (around 150g), roughly sliced
- 2 tsp bouillon powder (vegetable stock)
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- Handful of young watercress (optional)
- 800ml hot water
Simple tomato basil soup
It is quite a cold day in London and has been snowing for 3-4 days. How’s unusual!!!! Definitely soup weather!
I am feeling very lazy and can’t be bothered to go out for the food shopping or cook anything complicated. There are a few tomatoes, onions and some basil left in my fridge, here you go! Back to basics, a recipe simple to prepare, delicious to taste.
Roughly chop and slice all the onions and tomatoes.
Heat the olive oil in a pot and add red onion and tomatoes then stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add the basil and season with salt, pepper and bouillon, stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
Pour over 800ml of hot water and cook for 15 minutes at medium heat. Blend the soup with a hand blender, sprinkle on some young watercress and serve.
The recipe is very easy to follow, great for an easy lunch served with bread or vegan cheese on toast!
This recipe was created for Veahero, a cool new (free!) meal planning platform for vegans and vegetarians.
If you have followed and made this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and take a picture, tagging it with #k33_kitchen and share it on Instagram! I’d be very excited to see what you come up with. Cheers, hope you enjoy my recipes! <3 <3
Prep.: 5 mins | Cook: 20 minsIngredients:
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and add diced red onion and tomatoes then stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the basil, salt, pepper and bouillon and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour on 800ml hot water and cook for 15 minutes at medium heat.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender, sprinkle on some young watercress and serve.