- 1/2 large-sized head of cauliflower (about 400g)
- 60 ml full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Zest from one lime
- Handful of coriander, finely chopped
Simple coconut cauliflower rice
I am carb lover, I love any form of carbs such as pasta, rice, pizza, noodles and potato… etc. However, sadly most of those contain very little nutrition and over intake of carbohydrates can be unhealthy. Especially to someone like me, who works and sits in front of a computer for more than 10 hours a day. I grew a little hoopla-hoop around my waist, and I am totally skinny fat from over intake of carbs.😭😭😭 So, recently, I’ve been searching for some healthy alternatives to reduce my carb intake. Here you go… cauliflower rice!
This is my third cauliflower recipe, it’s probably one of the simplest out of the 3. It’s not a mind-blowing or finger licking dish; instead it is an everyday quick and easy, slimming alternative for rice that only contains 10g of carbs per serving.
A hint of coconut and lime flavour goes well with any kind of main dish but it goes best with curry and Southeast-Asian cuisine.
Break the cauliflower into florets, place into food processor and pulse until it reaches your desired “rice” consistency. Alternatively, you can grate the cauliflower with a grater.
Heat the coconut oil in a large, non-stick frying pan on medium heat, until it has melted.
Add the cauliflower rice. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add coconut milk, lime juice, lime zest, and salt, stir well and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
Garnish with coriander and serve.
I used to hate this little, farty vegetable, and it was rarely on my shopping list. However a few months ago, suddenly my taste buds changed for no reason, and now I am on cauliflower fever – I cook it almost 3-4 times a week. If you are curious about how my cauliflower journey started, you can read my previous grilled cauliflower steak and vegan buffalo cauliflower wings recipe.
Thank you for the beautiful side dish plate, handcrafted by my talented friend @potterybymiki
If you’ve followed and made this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and take a picture, tagging it with #k33_kitchen and share it on Instagram! I’d be very excited to see what you come up with. Cheers, hope you enjoy my recipes! <3 <3
Prep.: 5 mins | Cook: 10 minsIngredients:
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until it reaches your desired “rice” consistency. Alternatively, you can grate the cauliflower with a grater.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large, non-stick frying pan on medium heat, until it has melted.
- Add the cauliflower rice. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add coconut milk, lime juice, lime zest and salt, stir well and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.