- 1/2 medium apple
- 1/2 medium orange
- 100g fresh mixed berries
- 80ml brandy
- 200ml lemonade
- Bottle dry Spanish red wine (750ml)
- 1 cup ice cubes
Quick and easy sangria
Happy Easter weekend! I can’t believe we have such lovely warm, sunny weekend. 😀
For me, it is always a “wine o’clock”. Whether it’s winter-time or summer-time. But I usually have slightly different approaches in different seasons.
Summer is coming soon, let’s get ready with our summer fruits and fizzy pitcher for a BBQ or any sunny weekend! Ok, I know I live in England, and I may sound a bit optimistic about our weather, but it’s always good to be prepared! So let’s make some sangria!!!!!
In Spain, you may be surprised to know that they rarely they put berries in sangria. This is because berries aren’t their native fruits and can be quite expensive. However, since I am in the UK and I love berries, why not? They are pretty, aren’t they?
Lets get started…
Core and chop the apple into small pieces, keeping the skin on. Slice the orange into small pieces, removing large seeds if necessary.
Add the chopped orange into a large pitcher and muddle with a spoon for 30 seconds.
Add the chopped apple, berries and brandy, mix gently for other 30 seconds. Pour in the wine and stir well to combine (you may also add 1 or 2 tbsp of maple syrup if you like a sweeter sangria, but I like mine mild and fresh).
You can serve immediately, or cover it and leave in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes to let the fruity flavour fully develop.
Stir in ice cubes just before serving. Enjoy!
This sangria is undeniably great on hot summer days. It is festive, fruity and fun — this perfect beverage goes great with tapas, paella, at a summer BBQ or just a chilled out afternoon with friends. Sharing is caring!
If you have followed and made this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and take a picture, tagging it with #k33_kitchen and share it on Instagram! I’d be very excited to see what you come up with. Cheers, hope you enjoy my recipes! <3 <3
Prep.: 5 mins | Cook: 0 minsIngredients:
- Core and chop the apple into small pieces, keeping the skin on.
- Slice the orange into small pieces and remove large seeds if necessary.
- Put the chopped orange in a large pitcher and muddle with a spoon for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped apple, berries and brandy, mix gently for other 30 seconds.
- Pour in the wine and stir well to combine (you may also add 1 or 2 tbsp of maple syrup if you prefer a sweeter sangria)
- You can serve immediately, or cover it and leave in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minute to allow the fruity flavour to fully develop.
- Stir in ice cubes just before serving. Enjoy!