- 250g all-purpose flour
- 90g caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 90ml vegetable oil
- 70ml unsweetened almond milk
- 120ml unsweetened almond yogurt
- 120g fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of lemon zest
As I have been developing savoury Asian dishes each week, I got an itchy hand for baking and I was craving something lemony, sweet, and fruity. Especially when it’s something as tasty as this blueberry lemon bread.
This blueberry lemon bread is moist, easy to make and delicious with just the perfect amount of blueberries and lemon zest. Indulge in a slice for dessert today, but also an excellent breakfast for the next day!
Let’s start, first preheat your oven.
In another bowl mix the oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, vegan yogurt, and vegan milk and mix thoroughly. Sift the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir lightly. Then stir in the blueberries.
Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes – until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 25-30 minutes before serving.
You may also be interested in checking out my other, very popular, banana bread loaf recipe.
This recipe was created for Veahero, a cool new (free!) meal planning platform for vegans and vegetarians.
If you have followed and made this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and take a picture, tagging it with #k33_kitchen and share it on Instagram! I’d be very excited to see what you come up with. Cheers, hope you enjoy my recipes!
Serves: 1 loaf
Prep.: 10 mins | Cook: 25 minsIngredients:
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C.
- Grease a 2lb loaf tin with vegetable oil and line with parchment baking paper.
- Sift the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl mix the oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, vegan yogurt, and vegan milk then mix thoroughly.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir lightly.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes – until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 25-30 minutes before serving.