- 5-6 stem kale leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp jerk powder
Jerk kale crisps
Fancy swapping your greasy potato crisps for a healthier option? This kale crisps recipe is just what you are looking for. It is super easy to follow, just toss the kale leaves, oil and seasoning together, place them in an oven. You will get this delicious, guilt-free, green, healthy, crispy snack in just 5-10 minutes.
You can modify the flavours or seasonings whatever you fancy.
Start off by washing and thoroughly drying your kale leaves.
Next, remove the leaves from the thick stems and cut into 2-3 cm pieces with scissors (or tear by hand if you prefer). Then mix the leaves well with oil, salt and jerk power in a large mixing bowl.
Lay your seasoned leaves out on a lined baking tray making sure no leaves are overlapping each other.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170°C for 5 minutes then rotate the tray and bake for other 3-5 minutes until the kale turns crispy but not burnt (They burn quite fast, so keep a close eye on them).
Remove leaves from the oven and cool for a few minutes before serving. Simple, right?
These chips are best eaten within one hour of baking.
This recipe was created for Veahero, a cool new (free!) meal planning platform for vegans and vegetarians.
If you have followed and made this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and take a picture, tagging it with #k33_kitchen and share it on Instagram! I’d be very excited to see what you come up with. Cheers, hope you enjoy my recipes!
Prep.: 5 mins | Cook: 10 minsIngredients:
- Preheat an oven to 170°C.
- Rinse your kales and shake all water out with a sieve. Make sure the kale leaves are completely dry.
- Remove the leaves from the thick stems, cut into 2-3 cm pieces with scissors or tear by hand.
- Mix the leaves well with oil, salt and jerk power in a large mixing bowl.
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment baking paper, making sure none of the leaves are overlapping each other.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Rotate the tray and bake for other 3-5 minutes until kales turn crispy but not burnt. (They burn quite fast, so keep a close eye on them)
- Remove leaves from oven and cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Kale chips are best served within an hour or so of baking.