- 140g uncooked fusilli pasta
- 1/2 medium-sized(about 120g) courgette, finely sliced
- 120g asparagus, chopped into 3-4cm long pieces
- 80g shelled garden peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegan pesto sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Handful of basil leaves (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
Everybody loves super easy, quick and tasty pesto pasta. And almost everyone I know, even the laziest cooks have a jar of pesto in their fridge. No matter if it’s homemade or a ready-made one from the supermarket.
The great thing about keeping a jar of pesto to hand is that you can easily add it into anything and instantly create a delicious and comforting meal. You can also boost your meal’s taste with the additions of greens, such as baby spinach, asparagus, courgette, peas, and avocado…etc.
Here is my easy-lazy-tasty garden green pesto fusilli pasta recipe. It is easy to make and full of flavour!
Boil the fusilli pasta in salted water. For cooking time follow the instructions on the pasta packaging. Rinse with ice-cold water and shake through a sieve to remove liquid, then set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan, add the minced garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes until the garlic turns slightly golden in colour.
Add the asparagus, courgette and peas, cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add in the fusilli and pesto sauce, season with salt and pepper, stir well and cook for another 3 minutes.
Garnish with the remaining basil leaves to serve.
This pesto fusilli pasta only takes around 15-20 minutes to cook, I think it is a great midweek supper for someone who needs some quick comfort food in their stomach after a long day of work. It is more than a simple bowl of pasta – this recipe is bursting with the flavour of basil, it is also creamy, nutty and garlicky.
Pesto sauce is not just paired well with pasta, it also goes excellently with pizza, bread, rice, soup, veggies and… pretty much everything!!!! Please check out my other recipes with pesto sauce:
If you have followed and made this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and take a picture, tagging it with #k33_kitchen and share it on Instagram! I’d be very excited to see what you come up with. Cheers, hope you enjoy my recipes! <3 <3
Prep.: 10 mins | Cook: 10 minsIngredients:
- Boil the fusilli pasta in salted water. For cooking time follow the instructions on the pasta packaging.
- Rinse the fusilli with ice-cold water and drain thoroughly, shaking through a sieve to remove any excess liquid, set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan, add the minced garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes until the garlic turns slightly golden in colour.
- Add the courgette, asparagus and peas, cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the fusilli and pesto sauce, season with salt and pepper, stir well and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining basil leaves to serve.