- 1 litre water
- 2 red onions (around 300g), diced
- 80g raw brown lentils
- 2-3 carrots (around 350g), diced
- 1 medium tomato (around 140g), diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bouillon powder (vegetable stock)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Handful of thyme
- Pinch of black pepper
Carrot and lentils soup
Need some lentil inspiration? This lentil soup is a thick, satisfying, delicious and nutritious dish for the cold winter months. It’s made with tomato, carrots, red onions and brown lentils; you can’t go wrong with a simple soup. It is ideal served with soft bread like focaccia, makes a perfect vegan lunch or light dinner.
This recipe was created for Veahero, a cool new (free!) meal planning platform for vegans and vegetarians.
If you have followed and made this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and take a picture, tagging it with #k33_kitchen and share it on Instagram! I’d be very excited to see what you come up with. Cheers, hope you enjoy my recipes! <3 <3
Prep.: 10 mins | Cook: 20 minsIngredients:
- Heat the olive oil in a pot, add diced red onion, brown lentils carrots and tomato, stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour litre hot water into the pot, then stir in the rest of the spices, cook for another 20 minutes in medium heat.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender, sprinkle some fresh thyme and serve.