- 100g mixed baby salad leaves
- 2 cooked beetroots (about 200g)
- 1 large orange (about 200g)
- 20g almond flakes
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
If you’re looking for a salad recipe that you can make all the time and is simple, easy, exciting and classy… this beetroot and orange salad is the one.
It beautifully combines the acidic sweetness of orange and the earthy sweetness of beetroot. Mix in crunchy almond flakes, refreshing salad leaves, mustard seasoning and maple syrup dressing and you get a flavour explosion in your mouth! A flavour and texture extravaganza!
When it comes to salads I like my orange to blend smoothly, so I would suggest you always remove the white pith from before adding them in.
After preparing your orange, cut the beetroots into small wedges.
Combine the maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl, mixing well.
Place the rest of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl, pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. This light, tasty and refreshing beetroot and orange salad is now ready to serve.
This salad works excellently as a side, starter, snack, light lunch or at a picnic. It’s super simple to make and tastes as delicious as it looks.
This recipe was created for Veahero, a cool new (free!) meal planning platform for vegans and vegetarians.
If you have followed and made this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and take a picture, tagging it with #k33_kitchen and share it on Instagram! I’d be very excited to see what you come up with. Cheers, hope you enjoy my recipes!
Prep.: 5 mins | Cook: 5 minsIngredients:
- Peel the orange and remove the white pith with a sharp knife.
- Cut the cooked beetroots into small wedges.
- Combine the maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl, mixing well.
- Place the salad leaves, beetroots, orange and almond flakes in a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.